You need to see it to believe it humidity proofing…plus silky smooth texture! Lasts through 3 to 4 shampoos.
Color chemicals leave hair porous and vulnerable to humidity. Dreaded moisture gets in – hair gets puffy, frizzes out!
DREAM COAT, inspired by new textile technology, covers each hair strand with an invisible waterproofing cloak. An absolute must for anyone looking to fight frizzy hair or achieve Chris Appleton's signature glass hair styles.
- Heat-activated polymer works to compress, tighten and seal hair strands
- Hair is supernaturally-sleek, smooth and super-silky
- Unlike typical “humidity-guard” serums, Dream Coat will not build up, weigh hair down or make it greasy
- Activated by heat, effects last through 3 to 4 shampoos
“The key to fighting frizz is all about controlling moisture levels and locking the cuticle down as tight and smooth as possible. Unlike typical serum or oil-based humidity-fighting formulas that lay down a heavy coat on hair’s surface, (which deflate volume and leave the hair greasy) Dream Coat uses a groundbreaking, heat-activated polymer technology that is lighter than a feather. Dream Coat scatters teeny droplets randomly on hair’s surface. When heated with your blow-dryer these droplets connect and crosslink, forming an invisible, hydrophobic matrix that does two things:
1) Compresses each strand into a sleek, silky, supple shape
2) Sheathes every strand in a light, imperceptible “raincoat” that repels moisture"
- Dr Joe Cincotta, PhD and Chief Chemist, Color Wow
- Shampoo, condition, towel dry hair, divide in sections.
- Spray liberally and evenly on DAMP (not wet) hair. Do not apply other styling products to damp hair.
- Blow dry each section using a brush to hold hair taut. Requires blow-drying to activate.
- For best results, use every 3-4 shampoos.
Is it safe/healthy for your hair?
Yes it is safe for your hair. The polymer is actually a heat protectant and protects the surface of the hair from heat damage. Dream Coat also contains Calendula extract which has moisturising properties making it ideal for dry hair and Chamomile extract to protect hair colour and enrich radiance.
How does it feel on the hair?
Your hair feels ultra silky, totally natural (supernatural!) The ultra thin humidity-resistant matrix that covers your hair is virtually imperceptible and doesn’t make your hair greasy or weigh it down.
If it's waterproof, how do I get it out of my hair?
Shampoo removes the product. Effects last through 3 to 4 shampoos.
Can I use other products with Dream Coat - both wet and dry?
When you apply Dream Coat, you can use a small amount of a Color Wow Cocktail before Dream Coat. We do not recommend applying other products to wet or damp hair before applying Dream Coat. When hair is dry, you can use your normal styling products. The next time you shampoo, you can use other wet stylers.
Do I have to blow dry my hair when using Dream Coat?
This product is heat activated, so for best results, blow dry using a brush and tension. You will see some benefits if you air dry or rough dry and then straighten with a flat iron.
Can you use this product if you've had a keratin treatment in your hair?
Absolutely. Keratin treatment works inside your hair, Dream Coat works only on the surface. It doesn't interfere with your Brazilian blowout.